I recently discovered Bark Thins Snacking Chocolate and have become a little obsessed. I decided to try to make my own and was pleasantly surprised by how delicious this simple recipe turned out. Dark chocolate offers a ton of health benefits, including cancer prevention, lower blood pressure, and is an anti-oxidant rich superfood. All of those reasons, plus the fact that it tastes amazing, make these Dark Chocolate Bark Cookies the perfect dessert.
- Melt one bag of dark chocolate
Add in 2 tbsp (or how ever much you prefer) of milk chocolate to make it a little sweeter.
2. Spoon chocolate onto wax paper.
One bag of 10 oz chocolate will make 15 – 20
3. Add your toppings.
The three types I made were
- Tropical Fruit Mix- dried papaya, raisins, dried pineapple, and dried cranberries. I used Tropical Trail mix (minus the banana chips) and cut the papaya and pineapple pieces smaller.
- Almond Joy- sliced almonds and shredded coconut
- Fruit and granola- Nature Valley Toasted Oats Museli is my favorite granola to use.
4. Leave chocolate out at least 4 hours to harden.
This homemade recipe produces chocolates that are softer and thinner than the Bark Thins. If you prefer a snack with a little more crunch, try freezing the cookies instead of letting them stay out to harden.